Virtual ERS Congress – free COVID-19 live programme
The first ever virtual ERS International Congress will take place on 7–9 September and a day’s worth of free online sessions dedicated to SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 will be organized in addition to the Congress programme.
COVID-19 live programme
Sunday 6 September
COVID-19 has been a priority topic for us all in recent months, and the live programme that will be accessible to all has been created in recognition of the impact that it continues to have on the work of the respiratory community.
Presentations throughout the day will include:
- Keynote by ERS Past President Tobias Welte and chaired by ERS President Elect Anita Simonds and ERS Science Council Chair Chris Brightling.
- Basic science, including virus biology and host response.
- Epidemiology, including European and world views, the tracking of symptoms, risk factors for getting infection and severity biomarkers once infected.
- Management prevention, including public health approaches, prophylactic drug interventions and vaccine trials.
- Management, including respiratory support (pre-ventilation, ventilation and ECMO), anti-virals, anti-inflammatories, other drugs and convalescent plasma.
- Impact in children and in those with premorbid respiratory disease, including ILD, lung cancer and airways disease.
- Post-COVID, including care pathways and virtual consultations, rehabilitation recovery, long-term impact and immuno-preservation risk of re-infection.
The COVID-19 sessions will be free to access on the day from the official ERS Congress website home page. Recordings of the COVID-19 live programme will be made available after the event.